Utilizing a characteristic tucked away in iPhones (working iOS 13 or later) or iPads (working iPadOS 13 or later), you’ll be able to take a “full-page” screenshot of a web site in Safari and put it aside as a PDF file. Right here’s how.
First, open Safari in your iPhone or iPad and navigate to the web site you’d wish to seize with a full-page screenshot. (This characteristic doesn’t work in Chrome for iPhone or iPad but.)
Once you’re prepared, take a screenshot on your device by urgent a mixture of bodily buttons. Right here’s the best way to do it on every kind of machine:
- iPhones with no Residence button: Briefly press and maintain the Facet and Quantity Up buttons on the identical time.
- iPhones with a Residence and Facet button: Briefly press and maintain the Residence and Facet buttons on the identical time.
- iPhones with a Residence and High button: Briefly press and maintain the Residence and High buttons on the identical time.
- iPads with no Residence button: Briefly press and maintain the High button and the Quantity Up button on the identical time.
- iPads with a Residence button: Briefly press and maintain the High button and the Residence button on the identical time.
After you’re taking a screenshot, you’ll see a thumbnail picture of the screenshot within the nook of the display screen. Faucet the thumbnail as soon as.
After tapping the thumbnail, you’ll enter a screenshot enhancing mode. Faucet the “Full Web page” tab positioned just under the toolbar on the high of the display screen. You’ll see a preview of the whole internet web page seem alongside the appropriate facet of the display screen. You’ll be able to scroll via it by sliding your finger.
For those who don’t just like the seize, you’ll be able to press the Trash Can icon to delete it. However should you’re glad and need to put it aside as a PDF file, faucet “Carried out.”
Within the small pop-up dialog that seems, faucet “Save PDF to Recordsdata.”
Subsequent, browse to the placement in Recordsdata the place you need to save the full-page web site seize. Once you discover the appropriate spot, faucet “Save.”
If you wish to learn the full-page screenshot later, open the Files app, navigate to the placement of the PDF you simply saved, and faucet the file as soon as to open it.
Repeat this course of as usually as you’d like with any web site that you simply’d wish to seize as a PDF. Apparently, the full-page screenshot method additionally works in Apple’s Pages and Notes apps (though not completely), so it would work in different apps as effectively should you experiment. Have enjoyable!