When you solely see the quantity buttons on the HomePod and HomePod mini’s contact management floor, there’s much more you are able to do with this glowing display. Right here’s the way to use contact controls on HomePod.
The unassuming display on prime of the HomePod mini can be utilized for the whole lot from pausing music playback to skipping tracks. When you don’t like utilizing the Hey Siri performance in your HomePod, the contact controls will be actually useful.
You can find the contact management floor on the prime of the HomePod and HomePod mini. This can be a display that lights up with a number of colours.
You’ll see pulsating colours when your HomePod or HomePod mini is listening to you, when it’s processing a request, or when it’s being used as an intercom.
When your HomePod is taking part in one thing, you’ll see a white gentle in the midst of the display. When your HomePod is inactive, the display might be clean.
Listed here are all of the methods to make use of contact controls on HomePod and HomePod mini:
- Activate Siri: Press and maintain the contact floor to activate Siri (no must say “Hey Siri” in the event you’re subsequent to the HomePod mini).
- Alter Quantity: Faucet the “+” or “-” buttons on the HomePod to extend or lower the quantity. You’ll be able to press and maintain the buttons to make the change sooner.
- Pause/Resume: If you wish to rapidly pause or resume the playback, faucet as soon as on the contact floor. That is the quickest option to mute the HomePod.
- Subsequent Observe: Double-tap on the contact floor to skip to the subsequent tune or monitor.
- Earlier Observe: Triple-tap on the highest of the HomePod to return to the earlier monitor. This can solely work in the event you’re listening to a playlist or an album.
- Cease an Alarm: When you maintain your HomePod mini in your bedside desk and you want utilizing it for alarms, right here’s some excellent news: Merely tapping the contact floor will dismiss an alarm. No must yell “Hey Siri, cease!” each morning.
There’s much more that your HomePod or HomePod mini can do apart from taking part in music from Apple Music. Listed here are 16 HomePod tips and tricks that you really want to know!