Do you personal a Google Pixel or Pixel XL cellphone? If you happen to do you could be acquainted with the pains that almost all Pixel customers are going via lately. I actually personal a Google Pixel and I’m a kind of unlucky customers who’re going through this problem the place the cellphone instantly freezes whereas making or receiving calls.
I do know precisely how you are feeling. As a result of we by no means anticipated that type of downside with a Google cellphone, at the very least. The weirdest factor is it began occurring lately after putting in the most recent updates. Some consultants are referring to it as a microphone problem. However why does it generally work and generally don’t? Doesn’t make sense.
On this information I’m going to share a short lived repair which may clear up the issue for many of the customers. It labored for me and some customers that I do know personally. The process isn’t cumbersome in any respect. I’ve taken screenshots only for the aim of demonstrating it, so simply observe alongside.
What’s the downside precisely?
It’s laborious to inform the precise downside as a result of completely different customers are going through completely different sorts of points. However nearly all the points are associated to the Telephone app not working appropriately. Listed here are the completely different variations of complains made by Google Pixel customers:
- My cellphone freezes on outgoing and incoming calls
- The decision timer begins however sender / receiver can’t talk with one another
- After restarting the cellphone the decision downside goes away, however just for a couple of minutes
- The issue doesn’t go away even after restarting the cellphone
Repair for Google Pixel Telephone App downside
Nearly all the complaints associated to this problem level to 1 app, which is the Google Telephone app. On Google PlayStore it goes by the title “Telephone by Google – Caller ID & Spam Safety”. The repair could be very easy however it’s momentary. I can’t say for certain how lengthy it can final however for me it’s been working for just a few days with none downside.
Listed here are the steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > Telephone
- Now click on on the “Storage & Cache” menu choice
- On the subsequent display screen, you will notice two choices, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Storage”. First clear the cache after which the storage
- As soon as that’s achieved, you have to go to the Google PlayStore and seek for the Google Telephone app
- Subsequent, you have to uninstall the App / Replace bundle by merely clicking on the “Uninstall” button. Belief me don’t hesitate on this one
- Now restart the cellphone and that ought to repair the issue, at the very least quickly.
Fairly easy proper? This process undoubtedly labored for me and I’ve been utilizing my cellphone ever since with out the freezing problem. If this works for you, do share the information with different Pixel homeowners to allow them to get out of this distress. If the issue resurfaces, easy repeat the method.
Do tell us within the feedback whether or not it really works for you or not. Additionally share different ideas, workarounds if doable.
Unfold the Phrase